Standard Smash 4 Tournament Rules
- Singles Tournament, Double Elimination
- Sets are best 2 of 3, until Semi finals and Finals which as best 3 of 5
- 2 stock.
- 6 minutes.
If time runs out, the winner is determined by remaining stock, and then by ending damage percentage.
If both stock and percentage are identical, or a game ends with both players being KO'd simultaneously, then a tiebreaker is played. A tiebreaker is a 1 stock, 3 minute match with the same characters and the same stage.
Matches on current tournament legal stages
- Battlefield, Final Destination, Lylat Cruise, Smashville, Town and City
- Dreamland 64
Gentleman’s Rule applies, players may play on any stage, including banned stages, if all players in the match agree to it.
- Each player selects a character.
- The first stage is selected from the list of starter stages, either through mutual agreement, or by stage striking.
- The first game is played.
- The winner of the game may ban a stage if they have not already done so in the set.
- The loser of the game chooses a stage from the list of starter and counterpick stages. A stage cannot be chosen if the other side has banned it or the chooser has already won on the stage in this match.
- The winner selects their character.
- The loser selects their character.
- The next game is played.